CRC believes in the power of volunteers to greatly impact the work and reach of the nonprofit sector. Our volunteers build the capacity of individuals, organizations and networks across the state. CRC’s volunteers are community leaders, local government officials, statewide grant makers, young professionals, nonprofit executives, students and mentors all with a vested interest in building the capacity and lifting up the work of Colorado’s diverse communities.
CRC is proud to announce that we have been certified by Points of Light as a Service Enterprise! We join nine other Colorado organizations and 11% of nonprofits nationwide in achieving this accomplishment. As a Service Enterprise organization, we have made a commitment to integrate volunteers in strategic and meaningful ways throughout our organization.
The Service Enterprise Initiative is a national change management program, lead by Points of Light, that helps organizations integrate volunteers in strategic and effective ways throughout the organization to achieve their mission. This two-year process of trainings, coaching calls, and integrating sustainable changes to CRC has transformed our organization to engage volunteers meaningfully. We have engaged volunteers deeply in our work for many years, but the Service Enterprise certification process has allowed us to think about how we can engage volunteers in new ways at all levels of our organization to further increase our impact and efficiency of our work.
How do I get started?
Do you want to be part of CRC’s large scale impact within our state’s nonprofit community? We are always looking for dedicated volunteers to help us further our reach and impact! Please check below for our open volunteer opportunities. Looking to contribute a specific skill or expertise? We are always happy to work with you to fulfill your interests!
Please complete the volunteer application below and we will follow up with you! Have specific questions about our volunteer opportunities? Please contact Elizabeth Berkeley at email@example.com.
Colorado Grants Guide® Research Volunteer Position
The Colorado Grants Guide Research Volunteer will help develop and manage the Colorado Grants Guide® by updating the live database and researching funders who provide support to Colorado nonprofits and communities using public information like organizational websites and accessing annual reports, IRS tax documents, and other financial information. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the Colorado and national grantmaking landscape and strengthen research skills necessary to sustain a nonprofit organization.
This is a fully remote position.
- Efficiently research and update funder profiles using a variety of online and public resources
- Work with proprietary and confidential information
- Communicate with the Program Coordinator to ensure profile accuracy
- Provide insight and expertise as we launch our new platform
- Help develop new strategies and opportunities that can benefit the subscriber’s experience
- General computer and online research proficiency
- Data entry experience preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Access to a computer and Internet
Weekly schedule is flexible. A minimum commitment of 2 hours (including check-in) per week for 8 weeks is required.
- Training for this position will be provided
- Weekly check-in for questions and guidance
Please complete the Application Form. Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Gain insight on how to research and sustain a nonprofit organization
- Free access to onsite CRC-led trainings and workshops.
- Virtual networking opportunities
- CRC swag
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, AmeriCorps VISTAs, volunteers and program participants. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, and LGBTQ+ people to apply.